Wherein I Discuss Desserts. Sort of.

11 February 2011  at 13:30
Today I introduced some coworkers to Lucia's, an Italian restaurant that is a favorite of Andy & I.  It's possible I've mentioned it in this blog before, but I don't have much luck when I search it to find these things out.  In any case, we had a nice lunch.  I had the eggplant parmigiana, which is what I always get.  It's done just right, which is hard to find with eggplant dishes.  They have great homemade salad dressings, and we've always had wonderful service.  Once we were all done, he tried to coerce us into some of their homemade desserts.  Sarah started to cave when he mentioned tiramisu, and then he said something about a huge chocolate cake, and Mike decided to order it for us all to share.  Between the 4 of us, we didn't finish it. 


Booty Blaster
The frosting was like fudge.  It was SO rich, and SO chocolatey.  And I then entered a chocolate coma upon returning to work.

Moving along, Andy and I stopped at the grocery store to get some things, and I wandered to the bakery to see what kind of treats they had dreamed up for the impending Valentine's Day holiday.  I found this gem of a cookie cake:


"I'll always forgive you don't worry"?!?!  What the hell!?  It's like, 'Here baby, take this $5.99 cookie cake, which is also a free pass to do whatever shitty things you want to me and know that I won't mind one bit!'  I thought it was just the strangest message to put on a cake ever, and it was surrounded by 'TXT ME' and 'LUV U' cakes.  I should have bought it; $6, what a steal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment