Neet Stofed Bison

21 March 2011  at 22:19
 Andy's parents are cleaning out their basement.  We've acquired some random things throughout this process, including a framed painting of a tree from Andy's high school years, a Star Wars sing-along .45, and a slew of unique coffee mugs.  They've gotten to a point where they have most of the big stuff gone, so now his mom is sorting through pictures and other bygone memories and divvying them up between Andy and his sisters.
So tonight we were sent home with a small box of old photos, slides, newspaper clippings, and whatnot.  Among all of the awesome pictures of Little Andy (honestly he looks exactly the same only shorter...it's creepy), we found a 'book' of sorts.  I'm unsure of the backstory - was this something he had to do for school?  Was this a way for him to pass the winter afternoons?  Nobody seems to remember, but whatever the story behind it, the book made me laugh so hard I thought I would pee my pants.  

Here is a page from it:

  

We're guessing first grade-ish.  He says I have to mention that his spelling has improved vastly since then.  Check.  I just imagine a miniature Andy, with his itsy beard & mustache, painstakingly sounding out these words, and it makes my heart melt.  So fucking adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment