Queens of the Stone Age

06 April 2011  at 23:55

For Andy's birthday, we went to see Queens of the Stone Age at the Beaumont. What a great show.  It seriously exceeded my expectations.  We got there early enough that we were able to find a decent standing spot on the 'balcony' (more of an elevated bar area really).  We went with a couple of our friends, and met up with a friend and former bandmate of Andy's.  The boys got these sweet x-ray posters that are already worth far more than they paid for them (Thanks to Miguel!).  



Anyway, the show.  Josh (Homme, the frontman) didn't interact with the crowd as much as I expected, especially not at first.  I later read some articles that said he'd been ailing that week, so perhaps that was why, I'm not sure.  He might just not do a lot of that anyway.  The good news was, he didn't really need to.  The show was incredibly tight, and it was all about the music.  This tour was to mark the re-release of their debut self-titled album, so they played that in its entirety, with "The Bronze" tossed in there.  After they played that album they essentially did 2 encores: 1 of requests, and 1 that acknowledged Songs for the Deaf (their most popular album...ya know, the one with "No One Knows"), and also included "Make it Wit Chu", much to my delight. 

All in all, it was a great show.  When I think back on it, it's almost as if I were in a trance.  I remember dancing and enjoying myself, but it's all kind of one blur.  It might have just been that I was about to pass out from the heat, though.  

Two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment