Stoner Owners

13 April 2011  at 11:42
I don't know the story behind Northern Lights Pizza, but I have always suspected that some raging potheads started/own the company.  That was confirmed today, when I saw this ad for their 'taco pizza':
 
Prior to this, I had the following to go on:  
1.  I'm pretty sure it was founded in Iowa.  Odds are good that anybody starting a pizza delivery business in Iowa smokes pot.

2.  It's called Northern Lights.  For those of you not in the know, that's a highly coveted type of 'bud'.  Also, were it referring to the actual Northern Lights (aurora borealis), it would make no sense because a) We are in the Midwest, and haven't seen them, and b) What the fuck does it have to do with pizza?!

3.  Their calzones are called Scooby Snacks.

4.  They have 9 different crusts.  That's just excessive no matter how you look at it.  And a poppy seed one?!  C'mon now...

I had also heard a rumor that they delivered until 2 AM on the weekends but that is so far unconfirmed.  

Now I think I already had a pretty solid case built up, but this taco pizza was the proverbial nail in the coffin.  It sealed the deal for me.

I don't know about you guys, but lettuce, tomato, and Nacho Cheesier Doritos, does not make a taco pizza in my mind.  Also I don't understand the correlation between warmer days and taco pizza, but that might just be me.  Perhaps others crave taco pizza when the spring months arrive, I do not know.
 
(All of this aside, their food is actually pretty good.  Although I think I'll pass on the taco pizza for now....) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment