Numero Diez: September 30

30 September 2010  at 06:49



This is a story all about something that bothers me more than it should.

Once upon a time, my good friend Matt and I created a Powerpoint template for our workplace's monthly Town Hall meetings. His boss offered some constructive criticism, and once it was all said and done it was wonderful. A work of art!

A couple of months ago, Matt moved to Seattle and was replaced by someone we'll call M. I am VERY slowly warming up to M - very slowly as in he's worked here for 2 months and that's probably how many conversations we've had.

The one thing that still irritates me is this: M created a new PowerPoint when he came on. I'm aware that this sounds petty, but for starters ours was awesome. It also was only used like 4 times, and we changed it enough each time that it isn't like it had been overused or anything. Most importantly, his sucks.

Half of each slide is taken up by an enormous image, so the text is too small...and on top of that there are sections of YELLOW text on a WHITE background! As you can see that is not easy to read. So basically only the front row can read anything on the deck. STUPID. I've circled the problem to demonstrate.

I know, I know, it sounds ridiculous...but if you saw it you'd understand!!

No comments:

Post a Comment