Deer Camp

12 November 2010  at 03:12

Fire Monster

So after Thursday's debacle, I got to leave even earlier for my vacation! Well, we left town at the same time, I just worked even less than I planned. Debbie talked me out of Thursday Zumba which made me sad, but we went and had dinner and visited, which was nice. Friday morning we left around 9 and headed down to "The Farm" (Andy's family's property in Central Missouri). We had a nice relaxing weekend.

The point of going down there that weekend was for Deer Camp, opening weekend of deer season. His family goes down there and some folks hunt, and the rest of us hang out around the barrel fire and play around outside and drink beer. It's a good ol' redneck time; I love it.

Dad came with us, and he went hunting. Unfortunately the only deer he saw was before he had sighted his rifle in. Nobody got anything, which sucked because a lot of neighboring properties did...we think it's because Andy's uncle decided to mow for 2 hours on Friday afternoon...

Anyway, Sunday we shot some targets and the boys shot some clay but I don't think I'm ready for clay rock yet... I am getting pretty kickass at ground targets, though! Whoop whoop!

(Oh, and Dad says he's got a .22 rifle he might give me - double hooray! I loves me a .22!)

No comments:

Post a Comment