Saturdays!

20 November 2010  at 09:36

I came from that. Probably unsurprising.

...'Tis my ma.

On Saturdays, we have a loose tradition of going to Dave's Stagecoach Inn for 75-cent tacos. It's my favorite bar in Kansas City. It's cheap, the bartenders are awesome, they have a great little smoking patio, and the jukebox kicks total ass. Also, it's nearly impossible to go there without befriending at least a couple of the other patrons. It's like a Cheers, only with less of an Applebee's vibe, and more of a Grotto vibe (for you Rolla folk....for all other people, read: dive bar vibe).

My love for dive bars is limitless. If you know of any around KC I should check out, do share. I believe it's about time to start planning the 2011 Dive Bar Crawl.

(Oh...to relate the post to the picture, that's my Mom on the aforementioned smoking patio! We like to sit out there and play spades...I've also done some cross-stitch there...I've turned the smoking patio into an old folks' home...with booooooze!)

No comments:

Post a Comment