Beer Tasting/Pairing Party

10 December 2010  at 11:22

The Ranks

Friday we went to a coworker's house for a Beer Tasting & Pairing Party. I totally misunderstood how it was going to happen, but I had a great time anyway. I (and Andy) thought that the judging was going to be based not only off of the beer but off of your pairing choice.

The party started at 7, and Andy worked until 5:45, and we had to go home first, and it's a half-hour trek...I wasn't sure at all what kind of food I could make in 10 minutes. I finally came up with the idea to make soft pretzels out of refrigerated canned breadsticks, and alter the leftover Rotel cheese dip we had to make it go. I worked as fast as I could and we managed to make it to the party only like 20 minutes late, with 2 dozen warm soft pretzels and a 6-pack of Arcadia Nut Brown Ale.

Apparently the food and beer were totally separate things, so I could have just taken a bag of chips or some bakery cookies, but oh well! Now I can make fast, semi-convincing soft pretzels at least!

I made some new friends, because they had Order of the Engineer rings! I need to Facebook stalk them so we can hang out with them again - they live right near Debbie & Robert!

...Our beer placed right in the middle, if you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment