A New Year’s Epiphany!

22 December 2010  at 09:46
Okay, so like nearly everyone else in this country, year after year I vow to shed those extra pounds...and then don't.  This year, I've probably taken more positive steps than any other year, so I'm proud of that at least.  I'm enrolled in Zumba through May of next year so far, and don't really intend to stop after that - I freakin' LOOOOVE Zumba!!!  Partly, I'm sure, because of our super awesome instructor Mandi....when we have 'sub's I don't love it as much.  My bar is set high enough for a Harlem Globetrotter to effortlessly Limbo under.

ANYWAY, I was being depressed the other night about how little difference I've seen despite my half-hearted attempts to the contrary.  Me & pickle nachos were working through it (they're not that bad - really!), and I had an epiphany of sorts.

For 2011, I'm not going to resolve to 'lose 50 pounds', I'm going to resolve to lose '1 pound a week' - that sounds WAY less intimidating, dontcha think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment