Christmas Vacation!

20 December 2010  at 17:13
In North Kansas City, there's a Screenland theater that Andy & I love going to. They play a lot of independent and local movies, and also have fun things like 'Glee' & Chiefs watch parties (never been to either), and they show 'cult classics' on occasion. An example of this is they play The Big Lebowski on the last Friday of every month. I've been dying to make it to that, but haven't yet either. They serve booze, which is a wonderful bonus (Yes, when the day comes that I see 'The Dude' on-screen, I will be drinking a Caucasian), they have a bar food menu (fried green beans!) and they also have a row of red leather recliners, which totally rock:

]

Besides that there are some loveseats in the front and little living room set-ups in back. There is also a nifty robot guy who opens the curtain. As you can tell, it's pretty awesome.

Andy told me last week that they were showing National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. He has a tradition of watching that on Christmas Day at some point, but last year we weren't able to. We didn't figure we'd be able to make it to the theater on Christmas either, but I checked the times anyway. As it turns out, they weren't even playing it on Christmas. The last day to see it was the Tuesday before. So we saw it on Monday.

And it was glorious.

(I also discovered that they sell the DVD of Blackhand Strawman [a movie about organized crime in KC], so I will be purchasing that next time I am there and have money.)

No comments:

Post a Comment