The Eve of Christmas

24 December 2010  at 17:20
Well, the holidays are officially here! Tonight we did dinner and the exchanging of gifts with my Dad's side of the family, out at my parents' house. It was a nice visit, and it's odd to have little ones on that side of the family, but it was odd in a good way I think. My cousin and his wife told everyone on their way out that they are expecting another one, so by next Christmas there will be at least one more addition. Pretty cool. My grandparents got my sister and I pearl earrings, which is probably about the second 'nice jewelry' I have. I should probably class it up some one of these days. When I was younger I had a few more things, but move after move I ended up with none of it.

Anyway, everyone left pretty early, and Andy & I were planning to spend the night and have Christmas morning over there, so once everyone else left we played The Game of Things with my family. For hours. It was a blast. Andy of course came up with the most absurd answers ever and you always knew which one was his but it was still good for a belly laugh.

This is my sister, making some saltwater for Andy to soak his toe (he has an ingrown toenail that has been pretty ugly, on and off), wearing an apron she made when she was approximately 5:

Our Little Helper

No comments:

Post a Comment