Snow Day!

10 January 2011  at 14:14
Chillin' wit my dawg

It started snowing yesterday...hasn't stopped yet
, and it doesn't look like it plans to anytime soon. We got up on time, and headed out to the driveway to start shoveling. There was probably about 4" at that point, and had Andy parked around the back of the house. I have a long driveway, and usually in winter weather we park up front so we don't have to clear the whole thing. We failed to plan this time, so an hour and a half later we'd reached the road. When we walked back up there was probably over a half an inch of snow accumulated where we'd started shoveling. My road looked terrible, and the meteorologist said if you wanted a drive time estimate to triple your regular commute. There were 13 interstate accidents at the time. I called in. If it were closer, or our car was better equipped to deal with these things (like maybe if it were even front wheel drive), I'd have come in. As it was, though, Andy wasn't very keen on the idea of heading out in it and I needed to study differential equations.

I got a lot of studying done, and I also created a Star Trek Online character and played it for breaks. It's actually pretty cool. Uh oh...

Now there's probably 6". It's beautiful, and I want to play in it. Andy doesn't share either of those sentiments. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment