Yadda Yadda

29 January 2011  at 12:34
This weekend is shaping up to be seriously boring. I had loose plans with 2 or 3 people, and it seems none are materializing. I'm (mostly) okay with that; I don't mind a bum-around-the-house-in-my-PJs sort of weekend here and there, especially when it's winter outside. I would have liked to have gotten outside today, as it was nicer out than it has been or will be in a while. I couldn't think of anything to do out there, though. I probably could have crawled under the porch and destroyed the wasp's nests while they're empty - but what a yucky way to spend a Saturday! Instead, I watched The Social Network, and worked on some new cross-stitch patterns. I have one in particular that I love, the other one I worked on didn't turn out so well. I have some ideas to re-do it, though. I think I'll have to use smaller graph paper and aida for that one.

Anyway, I made myself some pickle nachos. That's the picture I chose for today, because it represents just how very little excitement I've had in my life over the past 24 hours. I thought a picture of the pattern might be misleadingly 'fun'.


I could have sworn I'd talked about pickle nachos here before, but I can't find where that's the case.

Andy saw on TV a while ago a show about the origin of 'bar foods', one of which was the nacho. He then came home and made these for me. He doesn't eat pickles (weirdo), but he said the original nacho was just fried corn tortilla triangles, with cheddar cheese melted on top and pickles on each triangle. Everything I've found on the Interwebs says it was just melted cheese and pickled jalapenos, so I'm wondering if he just misheard. However it happened, he made them for me and I've been addicted ever since!

You should try it!

This picture is my lazy version, with tortilla chips. When he makes them for me he always makes the chips from tortillas. Awww...

2 comments:

Sass said...

I won't make fun, these are fantastic. I agree that the pickled jalapeno's > Regular pickles

Angie said...

I don't necessarily prefer one over the other, it just depends on my mood. I just wonder if Andy misheard them saying pickled jalapenos and thought they said pickles. If so, he stumbled onto something wonderful...

Post a Comment