2-4

14 October 2010  at 05:46
I am starting to find numbering the posts obnoxious, but I don't want to lose track either.... Hmmm.... Maybe I'll start putting the numbers as tags. That's a good idea I just thought of. So it's decided.

Ahhh, October 14th. I don't remember ANYTHING that happened at work, because I spent the entire day anticipating the Band of Horses show that evening. If there's a man I love to see on stage more than Andy, it's Ben Bridwell. And Tyler Ramsey....ooooohhh Tyler Ramsey. I am madly in love with these 2 men, and while I never expected Tyler to become officially part of the band, I love that he did.

Ben & Tyler start the show from the box

They began the show in what used to be the box seats when the Uptown was still a live theater. They sat up there while the other bands played, and I like to think the idea came to them then. Everyone was excited, the band was about to come out, and then the hubbub started. You look up, and there they were, doing a parade wave down to the audience. Ben explained, "The stage is just too big," then they did "Evening Kitchen", a song on their latest album (Infinite Arms) that Tyler wrote. After that, they stayed up there for an acoustic version of "No One's Gonna Love You", which was wonnnnderful!

Then they headed to the stage and joined the rest of the band for (mostly) the rest of the set. There was a time where Ben was back up in the wings for the majority of a song... I can't remember for sure which.

As always, Ben's smoking and drinking during the set made me a happy gal. He's a badass. As a sidenote, he looked like he might have been on X or something during this show, too. But again, that only makes me love him more. He kept saying what a blast he was having, and it was contagious.

The General Specific wasn't quite as rousing as I've seen it before, but at least they played it. That was my biggest beef last time I saw them - no appearance of my favorite song.

I can't decide which time I've seen them was my favorite - they are all so different and so wonderful in their own way... This one kept me a believer, though, and that's the most important thing.

I'm going to go ahead and say this: It took me a long time to adjust to Infinite Arms. It was their first major label release, and without even knowing that, you could listen to the 3 albums and definitely tell. They've reined themselves in a little, and while I finally do love the album, that bums me out for sure. While their set that night included nearly, if not completely, all of their newest album, I was happy that they also included a ton of older stuff. As their catalog gets bigger, that means I will miss more & more songs at each show, so I'm savoring this tour for the fact that I heard most of my long-time favorites.


Horse Power! (hahaha, get it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment