Birthdays and More Birthdays

16 October 2010  at 06:36
While the picture part of this post is about as unrelated to birthdays as it gets (you can probably guess what it IS related to...), the weekend was very birthday-themed.

Friday we went to Derek & Miriam's for his birthday get-together. I ate my weight in Hooters wings. I was already half-drunk. I stayed home sick because I felt like total shit in the morning. Andy stayed with me half of the day, which made it a lot more bearable. Once he left, I decided that a steak and some wine was probably just what the doctor ordered. The doctor being me, of course. I have to say, 2/3 of a bottle of zinfandel later, I had nary a care in the world.

Andy came home, we went to beer tasting, and then on to the birthday party. I drank an entire bottle of wine while there. What a lush. It was fun, though.

Saturday was Debbie's birthday party, after Stagecoach 75-cent tacos and patio sitting, of course. Andy met us there after he got off of work, and we ate.

(See, this is what I do - I eat and I drink. The highlights of my life almost always go something like this. No wonder I'm such a fatty!!!)

We also played some bags & washers, which was a lot of fun. Turns out Sara is a ringer. Either that, or her pregnant belly somehow balances her out...which seems counterintuitive.

I could have taken a picture of the washers, or the smoking patio at Dave's, but instead I opted for Andy's dinner creation:


A waste of above average mac & cheese, if you ask me

A brisket & macaroni wrap. That should be submitted to "This is Why You're Fat". I won't even broach the topic of his tortilla failure. After a year of me training him how to wrap a burrito, this is what happens.

Toothpicks?! Weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment