Hermann Octoberfest!

23 October 2010  at 08:51
As I mentioned before, we went to Hermann this weekend for their annual Octoberfest. It's always a good time, and for some reason Hermann is always splendid in the fall - way more than it is here. It reminds me of the Family Guy episode where all the New Yorkers come to Quahog to see the leaves change. This weekend I was a leafer, haha.

So we spent a bit of time Saturday at Oakglen Winery, which is just beautiful. The band sucked, and we had to pay a $3 cover because of them... I still want my money back, but that is neither here nor there. This is the only winery around Hermann I had never been to, and it's up on a hilltop overlooking the Missouri River with a great view.



The wine was okay there. Overpriced for the norton we got, but that's what you get for being a picky dry red drinker in a state where the sweet grapes grow plentifully!

As Laurinda would say about most of their wines, "That would go great over ice cream!"

No comments:

Post a Comment