Things I Love, Vol. 3: My Boyfriend

17 October 2010  at 06:46

<3

This is admittedly a bit of a copout. I realized as I was watching the Sunday evening game that I hadn't snapped a picture all day, and here Andy was asleep and looking all cute. I should probably tell him I took this picture. I mean, it's creepy that I took it, but even creepier that he doesn't know I did, and I'm posting it on my blog.

However, this post will serve double duty as a Things I Love AND a P359.

Reasons I love my boymanfriend (in random order):

1. He's super adorable. I thought he was cute when we first met, and the longer we're together the more insanely attracted to him I become.

2. He's crazy intelligent. One of the first things that made me "like" like him was the fact that he has a sexy tattoo across his upper back. It turns out the symbol in the center is an Egyptian symbol, and he aspires to get more heiroglyphs on his back from The Book of The Dead. Being an Anthropology major with a particular interest in Egyptology, he has surely forgotten more about Egypt than I ever have known, and I love listening to him talk about it. I love listening to him talk about lots of the things he knows. He's a history junkie, and I don't know nearly enough about it. His intelligence is twofold, though, since it's probably part of the reason he's a gamer nerd.

3. He's thoughtful (sometimes). Once, when he left town for the week, he sprayed my Huggy pillow (yes, that is the name of a pillow I've slept with since I was a child - don't judge!) with his cologne. He also planned a trip to Minneapolis to see my favorite band since I was pre-colonoscopy miserable when we saw them here. For Valentine's Day, he had a beautiful dinner surprise. He sure knows the way to my heart - surf & turf.

4. Mr. Turtle. He too has something he sleeps with, although less so now that he "lives" at my house. Mr. Turtle, a turtle his grandma made for him. I believe the one he sleeps with now is the 3rd one she'd made, and he has a backup #4 for when the current one is worn down to next-to-nothing. For a while, Mr. Turtle stayed at my house, but he moved back to his house... I'm actually not sure why/when that happened.

5. He is an amazing cook. Maybe this shouldn't be part of why I love him, but what can I say? When we seemingly have nothing to eat in the house, he whips up delectable meals out of nothing. Mad skills, I tell you.

6. We share many important views. I have pretty strong opinions on a number of things. Factory farming appalls me, I can't stand people who try to force their religion on me, I believe I should do what I can to preserve the environment, I have little faith in Americans.... He shares all of these beliefs.

7. We have different taste. While I listen to music with hand clapping and whistling, he likes loud angry guitar riffs. I like movies that make me laugh, he likes historically accurate war movies. I hate wearing shoes, he wears boots every day. We both have learned a lot from each other in this respect - now I have him loving Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, and I bought Them Crooked Vultures' CD the day it came out.

8. His crazy theories/thoughts on things. When we're in the car between home & work, he frequently tells me how he thinks things ought to be. People should be required to take classes in fluid dynamics before they are allowed to drive, people on government health assistance should be required to take IQ tests before they are allowed to reproduce, you should lose your license for any sort of traffic violation (duration depending on the offense)... Sometimes I find myself agreeing with his tirades.

9. I can tell him anything. This is one of the biggest things that makes me feel differently about him than I've felt about anybody before. I think we could tell each other absolutely anything, without fear of being judged or worrying that it will go beyond the two of us. I love that.

10. He has beautiful hair. Seriously, it's lovely. He'll tell you it's just "like that", but I know it's at least partly because he combs conditioner through it in the shower.

Here's to you, my dahling. Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment