The Apartment that Was

18 October 2010  at 08:47
You may remember me mentioning my friend Matt... he helped me make the Powerpoint presentation that used to be awesome? Well another thing that used to be awesome was his apartment here in Kansas City. When he left for Seattle he still had 4 months on his lease so he posted a Craigslist ad to try to find someone to take it over. He found a girl, but she didn't qualify to live there alone so he left his name on the lease.

Last week, the apartment complex called to tell him that she had left town, her mother was living there unauthorized, and they hadn't paid rent. He sweet talked his way out of getting an eviction on his name, and got a hold of the chick. She'd left town because she felt like her and her child were in danger, because of her mother. I see a number of things that are ludicrous about this - the main one being that it was HER apartment and she could have kicked her mom out and stayed instead.

She told Matt that the apartment wasn't damaged, she'd gotten all of her stuff out, and she'd left the rent money with her mom. All fucking lies. Matt got a hold of the mother who'd been staying in his old room, and they moved out and left his key. I swung by there to grab the key and do a quick run-through. The room that Heather (the chick who skipped town) was living in was a FUCKING DISASTER. It looked like she put cigarettes out on the carpet. As I walked through the apartment, I was again reminded why I hate the majority of people. Here was Matt trying to do her a favor, letting her live in a nice apartment close to her work, giving her the benefit of the doubt - and she screwed him right over. The only room that had been cleaned was the one her mother was staying in and its adjoining bathroom. She's got shit strewn all over the place still and has no intention of bringing her fat ass back up here to clean it. For this, I hate her.





The carpet is completely destroyed, the doors are all beat up, the shelf was torn out of the bedroom closet, the refrigerator is disgusting, she left a bunch of junk including her shitty couch.... What possesses people to live that way?! I've always been the type who, if someone goes out on a limb for me, will work my damnedest to prove that it was the right thing to do.

Sayonara, crazy bitch. Don't come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment